HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
Oversigt over boligen
|Adresse||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Svartid||Inden for få timer|
|Kalenderen er opdateret||I dag|
IMPORTANT! Please note the EXACT STREET ADDRESS from your Wimdu reservation. Mobile phone maps use POSTCODES which give many addresses on the same street.
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
For 5 years there have been many visitors from East and West: Australasia (incl China, Korea, VN, Japan, Singapore & HK) , Euroland, North and South America and more. Locals say Edinburgh is like a big village - friendly, walkable, special.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed. The property is hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by a large private garden and terrace. Discount for children aged 15 & under, please ask at time of booking). Pets are welcome. Gay-friendly.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed - see photos) and two extra mattresses that can be placed on the floor **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE WITH EXTRA MATTRESSES IS LIMITED. Children welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, arm chair and a closet. The guest room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom.
Continental breakfast is included.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinemas & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport as well as the new TRAM, `12 minutes away
• Edinburgh is a very walkable town.
• Excellent international & local restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting and welcoming you to my home soon.
* Bathroom, with shower and bath (Hours: (7am to 1030pm)
* private garden & terrace
* kitchen & Washing machine may be used by arrangement (no later than 8pm please), & Limited refrigerator space may be possible, Please advise beforehand
* Drying closet for overnight drying of washed clothes, or outside line in good weather.
Interaction with guests
Enjoy chatting, becoming acquainted, music, interesting stories, photographic arts, history. Musicians welcome to share their art. I have a fine Spanish classical guitar, as well as alto, soprano and sopranino recorders/blokflute
Other things to note
PROFILES: (1) Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
(2) When you receive your booking confirmation please make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
(3) DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address to ensure correct location
(4) August International FESTIVAL PERIOD: Minimum booking is 2 persons / 2 nights
To help you enjoy your stay, please note the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please leave shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• Limited space in refrigerator may be available by arrangement
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 730am - 10:30pm
• Please ask if you have special requirements, I'll do what I can to help.
Thank you, and enjoy your visit!
|Pris for > 1 gæster||178 DKK pr. gæst/ekstra nat|
|Højeste antal nætter||5 nætter|
|Check-in før||Efter aftale|
|Check ud før||Efter aftale|
Anmeldelser af denne bolig
David was a very caring host. Although I took my Mom who was used to relatively hot weather to Edinburgh in winter time, David did his best to keep the room warm for us to have good night sleep. Everything in the house was neat and lovely, we really enjoy the stay. It was also very nice to know David himself as a very interesting and warm person.
David ist ein liebenswerter Gastgeber und wir haben uns bei ihm wohlgefühlt. Wir können ihn wärmstens weiter empfehlen.
David was an excellent host. He allowed us to drop our bags off early and provided us with a key so we could return in the evening as we wished. He is a pleasure to chat with and gave us excellent recommendations on restaurants nearby. The location is great. Broughton is a real neighborhood with nice shops. It is very local; not as touristy. David also recommended a 30 minute walk to Leith along the river. We recommend both the walk and Leith highly.
The only downside is that the accommodations are not up to others we've booked on Wimdu. Especially the beds, if you value sleeping comfort as much as we do. The pictures are indicative of the accommodation so if you are OK with the room, we can highly recommend David and the location is very good, especially for people who like a little bit of a walk to the sites and restaurants. It's walkable to the royal mile though uphill.
Vielen Dank für den lieben Empfang mit Tee, obwohl wir weit vor der vereinbarten Zeit angekommen sind. Sehr schönes Zimmer und toller Garten wo man ein paar Tage länger bleiben kann. Leider ging unser Urlaub nach dem leckeren Frühstück schon zu Ende. David konnte uns noch einige Tipps für die Stadt geben.
Wir verbrachten 5 wundervolle Tage bei David. Er versorgte uns nicht nur mit einer guten Übernachtungsmöglichkeit und Frühstück, sondern half auch wo immer er konnte: bestellen eines Taxis (übrigens 7,80 Pfund bis ins Zentrum), Tipps und Tricks (Kofferaufbewahrung am Busbahnhof günstiger als am Hauptbahnhof (5 - 7 Pfund, je nach Größe des Faches), Wegbeschreibungen, holte Infos über's Internet für uns ein und erzählte uns so manch Wissenswertes über Land und Leute. Also, David, besten Dank und vielleicht bis bald.
David was welcoming and helpful: lending us city maps, suggesting nice places to visit (Cramond village), waking up at 7 AM in order to make breakfast before we would head out to the great Edinburgh run! We also had the chance to listen to some live guitar! ;) And the bread was delicious! The flat is nice, a 12-minute walk from the city centre.
David est très accueillant et de bon conseil. On peut aller facilement à pied de chez lui jusqu'en centre ville. Une seule chambre mais possibilité de 5 couchages et très bon petit déjeuner le matin.
Ons verblijf in Edinburgh bij David was super! David is een zeer aardige en attente gastheer. Hij is ook een interessant en open-minded mens, waarschijnlijk ook door de vele reizen die hij gemaakt heeft. Ik zou iedereen die naar Edinburgh gaat en gebruik maakt van een accomodatie van Wimdu onmiddellijk David's appartement aanraden. Het is basic, maar erg gezellig en je voelt je er meteen thuis.
David, thank you so much for having us, we had a great time at your place and we enjoyed talking to you. We would recommend anyone to book this apartment in your home. Joyce, Cas and Marjon
Welcoming, quiet and characterful niche in central Edinburgh. Walking distance from all the main sights, shops etc yet no traffic noise! The room warm, peaceful and well thought out with good storage a desk, chair and comfortable armchair as well as good bed. I was able to come and go at times that suited me - no restrictions or complications. David a considerate and practical host, who made my visit a real pleasure.
- Kvalitetssikrede boliger
- Alle værter verificeres via telefon
- Sikker betaling med SSL-kryptering